Properties Of Cow Leather
Meaningfully, properties of cow leather directly deal with characteristics. For making it a superior material for upholstery, clothing, hats, handbags, belts, and footwear. Cowhide was first utilized by old civilizations. They raised and trained their own cows and bit by bit understood that the skin, which was officially a side-effect could be utilized as a texture. Cow cover up is the most widely recognized kind of calfskin as it tends to be colored a large number of tones and have numerous completions applied with the goal that it looks like other more intriguing sorts of cowhide.
This secures different creatures as cows will be slaughtered for their meat at any rate and the skin is only a result of the food business. From there hides, horns, and other parts are also collected in order to make different types of product to serve human kind. On the contrary, cow is such a blessings from Almighty that none of its any part is not usable. Everything is usable. That’s why in the country side most of the farmers are raise them not only business but also as their own child. This is why cow hide crust is structurally very unique than any other countries around the world.
Now we are going to discuss some of its properties below:
Strength and durability:
It is thicker, stronger and less prone to cracking than other animal leather. Their strong and complex fiber construction makes them robust and durable compared to other leathers
- Flexibility: This leather is flexible, breathable and supple while conforming to the wearer’s body shape. Gradually, it become the best companion to the users. Therefore, this the product which is producing via cow leather is very comfortable for daily uses.
- Grain Properties: The highest quality of cowhide leather is full-grain leather. It’s the strongest grade, from the highest level of the cow’s skin, just under the hair leather.
- Waterproof: Among other leather has a very nice waterproof ability than other leather. If they are coated/waxed properly they can be used as a raincoat during heavy rain or bad weather. Highly winter specific countries are using them heavily due to the feature of the leather.
- Does not rip or tear easily: It has very strong fiber bonding which why cow leather does not rip or tear easily. If you are not facing an unexpected incident that may occur an accident. But still it will protect you as much as it can.
- Thick: This leather normally thicker than any domestic livestock. It is thick and heavy. This is why jackets, bags, shoes are heavily using this particular leather.
- Strong: Usually this is strong in nature. Strong inter-fiber bonding is stronger than goat or sheepskin. And they can sustain rough uses while doing daily activities.
Despite roughness and strong fiber attachment cow leather has greater suppleness.
- Comfortable to wear: With nice tanning and other operation cow leather, it is very comfortable to wear. And also easy to carry them while moving here and there.
- Can be either dyed or left its natural color: Best of cow leather is it could leave its natural color. or could be used as a demanding color as needed.
- Cowhides are naturally tough and long-lasting: Due to its strong fiber composition cowhides are naturally tough and long-lasting.
- Depending on processing and tanning: In tanning cowhide is very functional. almost every type of tanning could be applied to cow leather.
- Other Advantages: It naturally repels moisture, retains its shape, and resists sun and heat damage from exposure to cold, heat and UV-light.
Process of Cow Leather:
Like most kinds of cowhide the skin of the cow is taking and first it shaves to eliminate all the hair. After this it is then extended level and dried. The tanning interaction would then be able to start. Different impacts can be applied to cowhide once the assembling cycle is finished. Plans can be emblazoned, printed or removed the calfskin. Metal studs can likewise be added. Cow shroud cowhide can either be delicate and textured or hard and smooth contingent upon how it is tanned.
Cowhide calfskin is accessible in a wide range of sizes and characteristics relying upon the kind of cow that it is from and how it is made. Full grain calfskin is the best nature of cowhide accessible and numerous ecological components represent the evaluation of calfskin delivered like environment, conditions the creature is kept in, how the creature is dealt with and whereabouts on the cow the calfskin is gotten from.
Advantages of Cow Hide:
Actually, cowhide incorporates belts, rancher caps, wallets, blade sheaths, saddles, and upholstered products. Cowhide offers a preferred position to the craftsman that other skin doesn’t: it’s sufficiently thick to permit you to include hand-made and tooled plans on its surface, which is the reason you see it utilized for belts, boots, seats, and wallets. Be that as it may, tooling cowhide requires an entire arrangement of apparatuses not required when working with other skin: borers and hafts, etches, cutting instruments, creasers, and organizers, punches, sleds and hammers and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Between the two, calfskin creating ventures utilizing cowhide is a more costly possibility than working with a goat, sheep, and others.
Disadvantages of Cow Hide:
Like other materials, cowhide has both good and bad sides earlier we know the advantages of it. Now we are going to discuss some disadvantages of cow leather. First of all, they are heavy, if you have a leather jacket then it may give you a little bit uncomfortable while you are getting used to it. If you are not using the product of cowhide, gradually they become harder and the softness turns into hardness in no time. If you wear them regularly they will remain soft and comfortable.
In Bangladesh every year we yield mass production of leather. Among them, the maximum is this leather. Cow leather is the leather industry’s key raw material. Numerous leather goods and footwear made from this marvelous leather.
Thanks for reading! Cheers!!
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://ravenleatherz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/R-K-Hannan-aka-Sufe-or-Sufé-..jpg[/author_image] [author_info]R K Hannan