Properties Of Cow Leather
Meaningfully, properties of cow leather directly deal with characteristics. For making it a superior material for upholstery, clothing, hats, handbags, belts, and footwear.
Some of its properties are:
Strength and durability:
It is thicker, stronger and less prone to cracking than other animal leather. Their strong and complex fiber construction makes them robust and durable compared to other leathers
- Flexibility: This leather is flexible, breathable and supple while conforming to the wearer’s body shape. Due to this the product which is producing via cow leather is very comfortable for daily uses.
- Grain Properties: The highest quality of cowhide leather is full-grain leather. It’s the strongest grade, from the highest level of the cow’s skin, just under the hair leather.
- Waterproof: Among other leather has a very nice waterproof ability than other leather. If they are coated/waxed properly they can be used as a raincoat during heavy rain or bad weather.
- Does not rip or tear easily: It has very strong fiber bonding which why cow leather does not rip or tear easily. If you are not facing an unexpected incident that may occur an accident.
- Thick: This leather normally thicker than any domestic livestock. It is thick and heavy. This is why jackets, bags, shoes are heavily using this particular leather.
- Strong: Usually this is strong in nature. Strong inter-fiber bonding is stronger than goat or sheepskin. And they can sustain rough uses while doing daily activities.
- Supple: Despite roughness and strong fiber attachment cow leather has greater suppleness.
- Comfortable to wear: With nice tanning and other operation cow leather, it is very comfortable to wear. And also easy to carry them while moving here and there.
- Can be either dyed or left its natural color: Best of cow leather is it could leave its natural color. or could be used as a demanding color as needed.
- Cowhides are naturally tough and long-lasting: Due to its strong fiber composition cowhides are naturally tough and long-lasting.
- Depending on processing and tanning: In tanning cowhide is very functional. almost every type of tanning could be applied to cow leather.
- Other Advantages: It naturally repels moisture, retains its shape, and resists sun and heat da1mage from exposure to cold, heat and UV-light.
Advantages of Cow Hide:
Actually, cowhide incorporates belts, rancher caps, wallets, blade sheaths, saddles, and upholstered products. Cowhide offers a preferred position to the craftsman that other skin doesn’t: it’s sufficiently thick to permit you to include hand-made and tooled plans on its surface, which is the reason you see it utilized for belts, boots, seats, and wallets. Be that as it may, tooling cowhide requires an entire arrangement of apparatuses not required when working with other skin: borers and hafts, etches, cutting instruments, creasers, and organizers, punches, sleds and hammers and that’s only the tip of the iceberg. Between the two, calfskin creating ventures utilizing cowhide is a more costly possibility than working with a goat, sheep, and others.
Disadvantages of Cow Hide:
Like other materials, cowhide has both good and bad sides earlier we know the advantages of it. Now we are going to discuss some disadvantages of cow leather. First of all, they are heavy, if you have a leather jacket then it may give you a little bit uncomfortable while you are getting used to it. If you are not using the product of cowhide, gradually they become harder and the softness turns into hardness in no time. If you wear them regularly they will remain soft and comfortable.
In Bangladesh every year we yield mass production of leather. Among them, the maximum is this leather. Cow leather is the leather industry’s key raw material. Numerous leather goods and footwear made from this marvelous leather.
Thanks for reading! Cheers!!
[author] [author_image timthumb=’on’]https://ravenleatherz.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/R-K-Hannan-aka-Sufe-or-Sufé-..jpg[/author_image] [author_info]R K Hannan